Monday, April 21, 2008

60mins of Punishment

The time has come to dust off the ol' bike, oil the chain and strap on the gear because biking season has finally arrived. I thought it would NEVER get here! There have been so many set backs this year (snow, bike issues, and MORE snow!) but we've pushed through them and are on week 2. Thus far I do not miss Transit or the pushy people that accompany the trip to and from work. The burning, wheezing and drippy nose I could certainly do without...who wouldn't at 7am in the morning, it's already challenging enough dragging myself out of bed to get to work! HA! It's a small accomplishment but managing to bike from our house to work is something else...hills, cars and other bikers make for an interesting ride in. Never a dull moment! And on weekends I look forward to our mile long jogs! Can it get any better than this? Yes it can...I can't wait to get home and soak my achy bones in a nice hot tub of water. Why do I torture myself like this? I keep telling myself it's one less car, another pound dropped and another year to my life....zoom zoom.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Keep going lady! you're doing AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Dude ... so envious! I've one of my bikes together (after US Border lost some parts) and I'm hoping to get a sturdier bike (to replace my stolen bike) together in the next few weeks.

You're my hero!